Sunday, February 22, 2009

Brownies, Cakes, Frosting, Soup and Other Lessons

So, Shanna was right. The coupons worked.

I was skeptical so I thought I'd try a couple transactions and see exactly how much I saved, rather how much I spent. And after the first two transactions, I was sucked into savings! Here's what I got for $49. There are 80 items. (Most of which are packed full of calories.) I didn't have the coupons that Shanna did, so it was a little more than her savings.


Bless J.D., when I pulled into the garage and he came to help me out of the car -- did you know that I don't have to get myself out of the car? He is always there to put my chair together and help me transfer --"Holy $h00t, he said. "How are we going to eat all those brownies?" We won't.

After we took this picture of evidence we divided it up between a few people and we kept enough to make brownies, cake and soup for dinner for the next month. The food is stacked so half of the brownies and cake mixes are hidden. There are 6 dozen items.

So, I'll go drink another glass of $40 wine and have a Pilsbury Warm Delight snack. Thanks for the tip Shanna.

1 comment:

Shanna Barnhisel said...

That's so cool Kell! I am glad that I could help but of course you did the work. I will keep you posted on the deals I find. I will give you another tip. Toiletries, beauty items and cleaning supplies should be bought at Walgreens or Rite Aid, you can often times make money on them! I feel a little bit famous now with your post! Thanks!