Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What I Love Today

  • I love the image of J.D. sitting on the deck eating peanuts and watching baseball. He has a galvanized bucket with a pop-up lid that he mindlessly cracks peanut shells into.
  • I love popcorn for dinner and how the salt cracks my lips.
  • I love watching dirty rain roll into the valley and the clean streak it leaves on its way out.
  • I love how my mother-in-law loves rocks.
  • I love how I can still feel the thrill of a skydive in my belly.
  • I love a really good alliteration.
  • I love how my dogs' ears perk when the fire station doors open a half mile away and how they line up in a row the closer the fire engine gets to our street. How they know that someone nearby needs the love of a dog at that very moment.
  • I love my recurring dream that I can fly.
  • I love black dog hair on a white shirt because it reminds me that in order to be loved by a dog they must leave evidence of it.
  • I love a shiny bald forehead.
  • I love every day that I'm able to cry because it reminds me that I chose to live for my child.
  • I love the long tense moment of a cat/dog stare down.
  • I love the purple foam color of plums right before they become jam.
  • I love the scared, frantic skip my heart takes when I imagine my next tragedy because I know the light will be brightest after my darkest moment.
  • I love bread balls made from the middle of the loaf.
  • I love reading the recipe for ice water in my cookbook.
  • I love that I played Twister with my kids on my wedding night.

3 comments:

Rebecca Foster said...

Your list is lovely.

Stacy Q said...

I agree - what a great list!

Kristin Schelin said...

Thanks mom! I love you